Today, I did some sightseeing around Hong Kong. I spent several hours this afternoon at the Hong Kong Museum of History, which was fantastic. It was really interesting to go through, and the exhibits were well done. I was enjoying it so much, that I found myself thinking halfway through the museum that I already wanted to come back. It was a great overview of the many forces and events that have shaped Hong Kong into the city it is today. Definitely a place to revisit with Molly and Lydia.
After that, I took the ferry over to Hong Kong Island and walked around a popular shopping area called Causeway Bay. I spent the rest of the afternoon there, and then ate at a Chinese restaurant called The Red Pepper. I had heard another Hallmarker mention it in the past. It was a good meal (and spicy).
Here's a couple pictures of the Hong Kong skyline from earlier today. This first photo is of the HK convention center (foreground) and some of the many tall buildings in HK, taken from the ferry as I crossed the harbor.

This next photo was taken from an area of the city called Kowloon, looking across the harbor to the many buildings on Hong Kong Island. Every night at 8pm there is a laser light show, which I watched for the first time tonight.

Wow! The night shot is really amazing!
ReplyDelete