Sunday, March 14, 2010

100!!

When I started this blog, I could hardly imagine having enough content to keep it going. I’d never consistently kept a journal of any kind. Those I did keep, ever-so-briefly, got destroyed immediately after I read previous entries – what worthless blather! The thought of anyone else reading it was mortifying. So, the prospect of me keeping a public account of our lives seemed a perilous task with great odds of failure.

Yet, here we are with our 100th blog post. And, I have to say it’s been curiously enjoyable. I’d forgotten how fun it is to write about topics other than sewers, city budgets, and public meetings. It seems that our Hong Kong experience, so far, has offered endless subject matter. Plus, I’ve decided that useless prattle can sometimes be entertaining.

With the 100th post, it seems to be a good time to say thank you to those who check in and see what kooky, and occasionally interesting, things we’ve been doing. It’s also a good time to say that not only appreciate you reading about our HK exploits, but love it when we hear from you – whether a quick comment on the blog, an email or phone call. We jumped right into life in Asia, but that doesn’t at all diminish our desire to stay connected!

I’ve got a long list of topics future posts…so it looks like another 100 is in the realm of possibility. Hope you’ll come along for the ride!

5 comments:

  1. Happy centennial post! Can't believe it's been just over a year since you announced you were moving to Hong Kong. I'm always happy to see a new post pop up on my RSS feeder for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for keeping us updated! You are a great blogger and I certainly enjoy tuning in to hear about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hearing about the Saunders family adventures. Thanks for helping us stay connected to you and learn more about daily life in Asia! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE TO READ ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LOVE TO ALL AUNT LOIS

    ReplyDelete