The Singapore Zoo is billed as the “best zoo in Asia” – and we found that it was a great zoo. The landscape of the zoo was a lush forest. The animals had ample room to roam in their areas. The number and variety of animals was impressive. I won’t bore you with lots of animal photos, but have to share a picture of a white tiger. Beautiful!
Oh, and I can’t leave out that Lydia got a special pair of Singapore Zoo “glasses” that she wore throughout the trip.
The Central Fire Station in Singapore is located in a fabulous building constructed in 1909. The truck bays are so narrow that we wondered if the building was actually still used.

Lucky for us the station holds an open house each Saturday morning, so we decided to check it out.
And monkey around a bit.
Most exciting of all, we watched firemen going down a fire pole from three stories up.
I have always been amazed at the “brotherhood” of firefighters in the U.S. However, after Singapore, I’m convinced there must be some special genetic code for firefighters that knows no borders. I have yet to meet a firefighter who isn’t extremely passionate about the work and isn’t excited to share information about fire safety; it seems that all firefighters have a rapport with the public and infinite patience with children who climb on their equipment.
It really is quite interesting what things are universal.
Next up, some pics of the “cities within the city” in Singapore.
No comments:
Post a Comment