Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Last Look at Indonesia

We left Ubud feeling like there was so much more to see - that we'd just scraped the surface of what can be discovered there. It's the sort of place that it seems you could go back time after time and find something new. I'm not sure if we'll have the chance to make return visits, but am so happy that we got to go just once.

Here are just a few more snapshots of what we saw in beautiful Bali.

The rice terraces near our villa had been harvested, but rice terraces in another area were still growing. They glowed like gold, much like the Kansas wheat fields (except for the palm trees, of course!).

The foliage was bright and beautiful.

Flowers floating in water was a popular and pretty decoration.

We spent a day in Nusa Dua, an area that is lined with resorts that have private beaches. We weren't staying at any of the resorts, so we settled in under one of these beach shacks for the day - the only cost was some overpriced drinks and food. Well worth it!


Goodbye Bali - we hope to see you again!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! Your photos are stunning and I cannot tell you how badly I want to go to Bali! Thanks for all of the glimpses into your travels! I continue to look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete