Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today's Headline Shocker

There’s nothing like a good headline to jolt me out of my blogging malaise.  Here’s one from today:
 

(By the looks of the tear job, I must have been a bit shaken when I ripped it out of the paper!)

If you are wondering what “hotpot” is, it’s like a Chinese version of fondue.  Rather than cheese or chocolate, this variety of fondue includes steaming hot savory or spicy stew at the center of the table.  Here’s a photo I picked up off the internet:


As for the cat meat, I don't need to provide a definition!  From the article, I learned that cat meat is a local delicacy in Guangzhou, China, where this incident took place (Jen, if you are reading this, you might keep it in mind with your trip itinerary!).  The working theory is that the billionaire tycoon was duped into eating a toxic herb that was mixed in with the Chinese herbs that were used to cook the cat meat.  I guess that cat meat itself didn’t kill him.  Bad news for the poor cats of Guangzhou.  Run for your lives, little kitties!!

Okay, so with that exciting headline, I’m back!

1 comment: