Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hop, Skip, and Jump

A vacation focused on history, shrines, and nature probably isn’t a kid’s idea of a great trip.  As you’ll see from future posts, this trip required a LOT of walking.  More than a couple of people have asked how we get Lydia to go along on getaways like this, largely without complaint.  Several have said that their kids would stage a protest.  I’d like to attribute it to our stellar parenting, but I think the main reason is that Lydia good natured and easy going.  (And, I acknowledge that maybe she WOULD stage a protest if she knew that was an option!)  

Also, I have to point out that Lydia hasn’t just walked around sightseeing like an adult with her nose buried in a guidebook.  Rather, she has hopped, skipped, jumped, and cartwheeled her way through these trips…pretty much anywhere that Dave and I didn’t think it would bother others (I’ve found that it starts to drive me crazy long before anyone else seems to notice).
Here’s what travel with Lydia looks like...









So the final pic is not at all related to cartwheeling around...but nothing makes travel more exciting for Lydia than losing a tooth along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment