Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hello Grade 3!

Summer went like a flash - as usual - and here we are at the start of another new school year! Here's Lydia, all geared up for the first day of school this morning:


Until a few minutes ago, I thought "Lydia looks no different than the last day of Grade 2!"  Then I went and looked at the blog with the photo of her on the last day of school.  Wow, I was wrong!!

But that seems completely appropriate as today represents a big change:  Lydia has "crossed the bridge".  At her school, this means that she's move from the Lower Primary School to the Upper Primary School - which are literally across a pedestrian bridge from one another.  This means a new building, all new teachers, new principals, and having a DESK (instead of a shared table) for the first time ever.

To the Lower Primary kids she left behind, Lydia's now "officially" one of the big kids.  At the same time, it means that Lydia is once again one of  the youngest kids in her school (obviously, being the "big kid" is relative!).  When I asked Lydia if she was nervous at all, she replied philosophically, "If I survived R2 (kindergarten), I think I can survive Grade 3."  Cracked me up! And, since each year has been good in its own way, I'm sure she'll do much better than just "survive".

Can't wait to hear about the first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment