Monday, April 27, 2009

Time Out...for the Beach!


Last week we spent six fabulous days on Sanibel Island for vacation. We’ve been there the two previous years and found it to be the ideal getaway for us. This year was no exception. Our sunshine-filled days were spent on activities like bike riding, dolphin watching, and strolling beaches looking for sea shells. Perfection!


















I’m already developing a strategy to get back to Sanibel. In February, Dave and I met with a physician who specializes in international medicine and asked him for tips to beat jet lag. He said a key to success is spending a lot of time in the sunlight in the destination country. As a result, I think we should stop in Sanibel on our way back to the Kansas next summer - I would hate to not take the doctor’s advice!

A big thanks to my co-workers who took on extra work so I could get some R&R. Thanks Shockettes!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family. Looks like you had a great time!! I'm sure Dave misses you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much Lydia has grown. Sanibel is the perfect vacation getaway - your pictures look like they should be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I really like the picture of all three of you at sunset! Glad you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LaVerne Bitsie-BaldwinJune 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM

    Dave!
    I was very pleased to see the MEP visor in your beautiful photos!

    Hope all is well! Best, LaVerne at K-State

    ReplyDelete