Were you beginning to wonder if this blog had come to an end? I had planned to post a note saying that I was taking a hiatus from the blog to enjoy our holidays in the US. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans. Obviously, I took the hiatus, but didn’t leave the note. Of course, I have an explanation…
December 19 started out as a very relaxing day. That morning Dave, Lydia and I celebrated Christmas as a family in Hong Kong. We exchanged gifts, had a leisurely breakfast, and were enjoying some quiet time together. It was lovely.
December 19 started out as a very relaxing day. That morning Dave, Lydia and I celebrated Christmas as a family in Hong Kong. We exchanged gifts, had a leisurely breakfast, and were enjoying some quiet time together. It was lovely.

Our flight was set to leave at 5 p.m. and we congratulated ourselves for being so relaxed about our pending travel. Dave hadn’t even started packing yet and we had tons of loose ends to tie up…but we felt like we had all the time in the world.Around 9:30 a.m., Dave received a text message letting us know our flight had been delayed to two hours. Great, I thought, we really won’t have to rush. I even contemplated going on a hike. We called our travel agent around 10 a.m. to reschedule our ride to the airport. She informed us that if we took the delayed flight, we’d miss our connection in San Francisco. To get to Kansas City as planned, we’d have to take an earlier flight; we’d need to be ready for pickup by 11 a.m. – just one hour away. And, that’s what we did.
You can imagine the complete madness that ensued…pausing to post a note on the blog didn’t seem like a wise move! Fortunately, we made it to the airport on time and the remainder of our travel was completely uneventful.
We had a fantastic time in Kansas…we visited our families and lots of friends. Our pace was frenetic and there was little downtime. But we loved every second of it. We are so glad we were able to make it back - we had a TON of fun.
We returned to Hong Kong on January 3rd. School and work re-started on the 4th. In a few short days, we got swept back up into our ‘normal’ activities and (the sometimes baffling and absurd) Hong Kong life. And, with that, I’m back to blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment