Monday, October 15, 2012

Take Us with You!

Our crazy cats, Jack and Daisy, were supposed to return to their original owner when we leave Hong Kong.  Not unexpectedly, after 3.5 years, the original owner has changed her mind.  They are ours for good...which would be great if we weren't planning an overseas move!

Here's Jack - our "statue" cat
Taking pets back to the US can be an expensive and is logistically complicated.  We have figured out how to keep the costs of the overseas trip down, but the logistics once we get to the US has proven to be the more difficult piece.  As of now, it looks like we'd have to drive the cats to Kansas City from Chicago or San Francisco.  Can you imagine doing that after spending 16 hours on a plane?  Me neither.  As much as I'd like to take them with us, we decided that the cross-country drive was a deal breaker.

We made the decision that we need to find them a new home about a month ago.  I swear that the cats know it.  Since then, Daisy, our high-strung cat who has always seemed tortured by being petted, has suddenly become a lap cat.  I wake up in the middle of the night with her snuggled against me. Jack, who has always been more affectionate, is even more full of love - especially for Dave.  They even seem to be more careful on our furniture.  They know!  I am riddled with guilt.

A couple nights ago, I was making another effort to figure out how we can get them to KC without costing an arm and a leg and without the epic car trip.  I googled some new resources, but came up empty handed.  I left the computer on overnight.  When I got up in the morning, it appeared that the cats had tried to do some of their own research - the search bar had more letters in it and some HTML code had been pulled up:



Looks like they were taking matters into their own paws. It was really funny to see. Poor little cats...

They know!! 

If anyone wants to take a long road trip with a couple of Hong Kong cats, I'm taking volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment