Around lunch time we finally got to Item 2 on our agenda,
The Yellow Crane Tower.
Again, going back into the recesses of my brain, before we left I recalled the Yellow Crane Tower from 2005. It took about every ounce of energy I could muster to make myself go there then. Even the taxi ride felt exhausting...and I was only beginning to find out what sleep deprivation felt like. This time, I was much more excited, rested, and ready to go! You might notice a difference between the pic from 2005 and 2012.
Again, going back into the recesses of my brain, before we left I recalled the Yellow Crane Tower from 2005. It took about every ounce of energy I could muster to make myself go there then. Even the taxi ride felt exhausting...and I was only beginning to find out what sleep deprivation felt like. This time, I was much more excited, rested, and ready to go! You might notice a difference between the pic from 2005 and 2012.
We watched a show and enjoyed a leisurely walk around the
grounds.
![]() |
| In 2005, a show like this was about the only thing that made Lydia relax - well, that and Chinese MTV. |
Next, Agenda Item 3, was to walk across a bridge that crosses the Yangtze
River. Lydia was completely enthusiastic
and said she wanted to walk across and back.
After we got started, she revised the plan to go half-way across and
back. About 1/3 of the way across, she
announced she thought we’d done “good enough” and could turn around. It was a long bridge (and it was super
windy!!).
Afterward, we walked down to the river's edge where Dave and Lydia each put their hands in the river.
We took a stroll down an interesting little street:
Then made a stop at the 1911 Museum that commemorates the revolution that overthrew the Qing Dynasty and established the Republic of China. Unfortunately, the museum was closed that day, but it was a beautiful area.
It had been a full day!
We returned to the hotel for a quick swim at the indoor pool and then
made our way to an area Jacques recommended for dinner. The buildings were restored historic
buildings, combined with some really beautiful modern architecture. Again, I had a hard time believing we were in Wuhan!
We settled on a Thai/Indian restaurant – funny combination,
but two of our favorites, so we felt lucky!
It was just what we needed to wind down before our final day in Wuhan.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment