I made the very incorrect assumption when buying my hardly-driven Volvo, that a slightly musty smell was no big deal…and an even more
incorrect assumption that I could do anything about it. After more cleanings, detailing, disinfectants,
home remedies, and sinus infections (seriously!) than I’d like to think about,
we called it a day and sold it before the next year’s taxes were due.
Lesson Learned #2: I really need to stop saying (or
thinking), I’d never do XYZ…because I
seem to just find myself doing XY and Z.
When my neighbor in Kansas City brought home a new, tiny Mini Cooper I thought it was crazy. Who
would voluntarily drive something so small, so strange looking, and so British??
Well, that person would be me. After the Volvo was sold (big kudos to Dave
for selling it, musty smell and all, for 10% more than the price we paid), we
were on the hunt for a new car. In
addition to not smelling, the key criteria was being easy to park and
navigating narrow, windy roads. Once
you eliminate all the Maseratis, Ferraris, Porches, and other unattainable
luxury cars on the road in Hong Kong, you’ll notice the Mini Cooper is one of
the most common cars here…
Here’s my new Mini:
(I also once said that I’d never own a green car…see what I
mean? Fortunately, my “I will never own
a Mini that has a British flag or racing stripes” did not come back to haunt
me!)
I think it’s kind of ugly and find it a bit like driving a
go-cart. It’s so small there’s not even a glove
compartment. Dave practically sits in
the back seat when he’s in it. But I
must confess that I love it. It really is the
perfect Hong Kong car.
That said, I’d still never own one in Kansas City. Really.


FUN! joe used to drive a mini (and he's really tall!) and loved it. it was a sad day when we had to sell it b/c we had to get a more "practical family" car... you will love it...even if only in hong kong! have fun!!!
ReplyDelete