Another day, another typhoon...and another day of no school! Yesterday the weather turned blustery as tropical storm Koppu headed our direction. Late in the day, the storm strengthened, turned into a typhoon and Signal 8 was hoisted around 6 p.m. Lydia and I slept in her room (Dave is in China this week), which is sheltered a bit from the wind. It wasn't too noisy (other than that cats pounding on the door, wanting to join us).Unlike the last two typhoons we've experienced, this one has staying power. It's 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday and the Signal 8 is still in force. The rain has slowed, but the wind continues to pound away at our building. We have a couple of inches of rain on our balcony, which has no drainage. I'm not sure if I should be worried about it becoming a mosquito trap - do mosquitoes fly this high up in the air?

We have discovered several new leaky windows...and the humidity in our apartment is at 80 percent! Sure hope it doesn't start raining inside.
The good news is that Typhoon Koppu has made landfall about 130 miles west of here, so things should return to normal soon.
As for Lydia, she likes school but wasn't disappointed to have a day at home - though not because she gets to spend the day with me. She said, "Oh, good, that means I can wear whatever I want today!"
Glad it has landed and you and lydia are okay, also dave think of you often take care love aunt lois
ReplyDeletetried to call this a.m. talked to sitter. so things must be better will try again soon love aunt lois
ReplyDelete