Daisy ventured out of our laundry room last night, allowing me to pet her for a very brief time. Meanwhile, Jack let out a number of howls - I think he was telling his sister "Get back here! Do not associate with the enemy!" They must have had a talk afterward since she hasn't come out today.
Here they are hiding behinding the washer and dryer this afternoon.

The whole thing reminds me of an old email that circulated about a dog's diary and a cat's diary. Here's a link to the Pet Diaries. No doubt, Jack and Daisy think we are their captors.
We hope that they eventually come to realize that they have come to the right place. Dave says I would have turned into a cat lady if I hadn't met him - and, I really can't argue with him!
Aw, poor Jack & Daisy! They'll adjust to their "captivity" soon because they won't be able to resist Lydia. Loved the pet diaries! And you figured out how to add a link -- I'm so impressed with your blog-smarts.
ReplyDeleteMolly you are such a good writer. How funny! And I had never seen the dog diary/cat diary thing. I also want to say how brave you are to take a picture of behind your washer and dryer and post it for all the world to see. What's next? Behind the fridge? ;-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the cats!