We have purchased a number of new pieces of furniture for our living area. We decided to add Asian styled pieces to the traditional furnishing we brought with us.

The dining room is open to the living room:
Kitchens are most definitely not designed to be a hang out spot like in the US. All kitchens that I have seen have a door and can be closed off from the living spaces. Ours is small, but functional.

The washer, dryer, and dishwasher are located in a small space that has a door to the kitchen. It's a tight fit. 
The maid's room and bathroom adjoin the laundry area. We are one of the very, VERY few expatriate families that does not have a live-in domestic helper. That's probably worth a blog post in itself, but that's for another day! We use the 4' x 6' room as our "garage" for tools and supplies, as well as for a utility closet.
Lydia's bedroom probably has the most stuff in it per square foot in the whole apartment. But, it's a fun and bright place. She calls her loft bed her tree house.


The bright decor from Lydia's room extends to the hall bath. We hope our guests like pink!
The guest bedroom is across the hall from Lydia's room. We're ready for visitors! While it's not fancy, it overlooks the American Club and the South China Sea.
The guest bedroom is across the hall from Lydia's room. We're ready for visitors! While it's not fancy, it overlooks the American Club and the South China Sea. 
Our master bedroom is a decent size and has a full bath attached.

And, finally, here is the office where the work of the Far East office of Shockey Consulting Services is done.
That's the grand tour! Come see us any time!
What a beautiful and inviting home! If I was actually there, after the tour I would imagine sitting on the comfy couch and having a diet DP with you.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great! I should have had you unpack my house- I still don't have most of our pictures on the wall even though we moved two years ago! I think your place looks very comfortable. And I love Lydia's loft. It's preparing her for college dorm life. :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks great, so put together in such a short time. I love the colors in Lydia's room and can see why she would love her treehouse bed! The view of the South China Sea from the guestroom looks great...I'll have to show Tim what he is missing.
ReplyDeleteKathleen
Your place looks so polished and inviting. Lydia's room looks the most fun, while your guest room looks so relaxing. Now I'm intrigued by the live-in help comment. Do blog...
ReplyDeleteHurry back home so you can do some polish work on the home in Harper. Everything looks great and such a pleasure to see. I know you will have fun exploring. We love you all keep up the good blog Aunt Lois
ReplyDeleteI love it! Hey did you get to see the solar eclipse yesterday or maybe two days ago?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're all settled and your home is wonderful! Glad you're enjoying everything.
ReplyDeleteJennifer H.